Give us your feedback...

Linux

It would be really great if the slingbox viewer on the site worked on Firefox under Linux - otherwise, I can't use the service to view my slingbox (work is all Linux with some OSX).

918 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    harwoodrharwoodr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  jsnowjsnow responded  · 

We are looking at providing Linux compatible version of Live TV. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Sling.com team

84 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • davidstolldavidstoll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread needs to be frozen. People are confusing Sling TV with Slingbox...on top of the fact that Sling is not going to develop a Linux compatible version for Slingbox...that quote was from 2009 and is a pacifier.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you guys provide Linux support, then I will definitely re-look at this option. This deal seems really good. Unfortunately, I am exclusively Linux powered.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started a trail at sling.com, yesterday. I guess I'll have to cancel it today. I haven't been able to get it to work in my living room which is powered by a Linux based HTPC. Let me know when you guys get around to this, and I'll give it another look.

• willwill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to try sling's streaming and was going to open an account today, only to find that linux is not supported. Most linux users would just move on to something else, like we all usually do, and not bother to comment, thinking, why bother. Well, I can tell by the date of the original post and the lack of comments, that I am right on point. :)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please... slingbox version!!! on Linux - how long does it take to get a Linnux version made???

• E. Pete KarelisE. Pete Karelis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I found it difficult to believe in this day and age, that SlingMedia isn't writing portable code. It's not a far stretch from OSX to LInux.

• NorwoodNorwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am thinking of buying an Echostar box. If it worked using Ubuntu I would not hesitate

• cbodaascbodaas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, its time to provide us a native client for us Linux users. :) Or at least co operative with wine developers.

• Scott BarklaScott Barkla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a Slingbox on my Christmas list. Only just thought to check that in this day and age there would be a linux client, or even a pure browser client. But no. So it's gone off the list until Sling catches up with the world.

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been a Sling box patron for many years. Though my continued patronage is not in jeopardy I would love to NOT need to run Windows just to watch American TV while traveling abroad in non English speaking countries. Linux is my OS of choice and would appreciate any support you may be able to provide for Linux Live TV.

• dlefevre23dlefevre23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There really isn't any excuse for no Linux support of ANY type. You have both firefox and chrome to work with and both have great cross-platform support. I don't understand why this has been an issue for so long.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES LINUX LIVE TV PLZ!!!!! work only has linux machines and being in California without my yankees, rangers and giants is hard....please please please THANKS

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base