Give us your feedback...

A Flash Based Player

The whole reason I would imagine most people, including me, would want a web based viewer is because they may not have the Admin privileges to install the client, such as school or work. So having to install a plugin in not possible either. Just making a Flash based player would mean one could easily watch TV on just about any computer without having to install anything. It also would instantly make it cross platform.

277 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Squid7085 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dlefevre23 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You really need to add Linux support one way or another. There really isn't any excuse for it with the ability to make cross-platform web apps these days.

• thehyperpiper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

resolving this request would also allow linux firefox users and the ps3 web brower to use live tv slingplayers of a web-based player. I was actually expecting the web player to be exactly what was requested here. The deficiency of the slingplayer fat client is that a) it needs to be installed, and b) it has to be built for each OS seperately. It would save the slingmedia developers lots of time.

• film2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to watch my Slingbox at work is a major reason for wanting the web-based player... but like others I don't have Admin rights. An install-free solution would be ideal, but a Flash application might work for many of us. Don't know for sure.

• NavyMustang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would certainly agree with the flash player, but it may be difficult to install an updated version for many folks. If you've ever heard of U3 on a thumbdrive, this may be an option for the Firefox plug-in. You should be able to run Firefox off of the thumbdrive without installing anything to the computer. Not sure if it would work (I don't use U3), but it might be worth a try.

• stump69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, even the Flash-based player wouldn't work for me. I often wind up working weekends and wish that I could catch the NASCAR races live, but there are already many sites that I can't access because without admin rights on the office computer, I can't even update Flash.
        The usefulness of a web-based player is negated if ANYTHING has to be installed!

Feedback and Knowledge Base