Give us your feedback...

Recording with Slingplayer

Slingplayer should provide a recording capability. That way, people who don't care to watch live but prefer a lossless stream
can watch from the recorded file. Slingplayer already has the
recording capability since it allows to pause and rewind. So all
it needs is add the necessary code for selecting date/time, channel
and allow to record as long as available space.

241 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jahman hahahajahman hahaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Have to go on record here and say that this would be a great idea to add. The lack of this function is evident. This idea has been here for quite awhile and should be in serious consideration for addition to this device. It should be add just to keep up with current functionalities of todays tech savvy consumers. Sincerely, Jahman

• MarceloMarcelo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The local recording capability could also be added to sling solo by updating its firmware to support an external USB connected Hard-Drive to the sling solo and having sling player to send the recording schedule to the device remotelly and also being able to access the recorded content from this HD attached to the sling solo.

• chinaskichinaski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple timer recorder is definitly neccessary, as most of us using slingbox, are in different countries and have to deal with time difference

• hillx134hillx134 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree!! give us the ability to record instead of relying on hacks or third party software

• humorme201humorme201 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree this is what the Hava Monsoon player attempts to do and it integrates with Media Center PCs

• unityblueunityblue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And add to this, a simple timer recorder. eg. Record Channel 2 from 2pm-3pm every Tuesday. This simple feature has been around for decades in VCRs and DVRs. Building on this, an ADDITIONAL and separate feature could create 1-click recordings from a Zap2It guide. Separate feature, because people aren't always recording standard TV programs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base