Give us your feedback...

linux

Please support a browser plugin for linux. Its crazy that you have one for the mac, but not linux.

183 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymousanonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • bougymanbougyman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be moved into the more popular (#2) post, this and it combined would make it #1, and it is the same request.

• K. KoontzK. Koontz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have owned a Slingbox Pro for three years and have been satisfied with its performance. My one area of criticism is the complete lack of support for Linux. My wife and I use Ubuntu Linux (9.04 currently) daily as our primary operating environment and only reboot into Windows when absolutely necessary. Even support through WINE would be a welcome nod to the Linux community, which is growing daily with the expansion of netbooks in the market. We've just moved into a new house and would like a new place shifting device to go with our satellite TV hookup. We won't be buying a Sling HD unless we see support for Linux. The Hava Platinum has a similar feature set and Linux support, but I'm brand loyal to Sling if they'll return the favor.

• Mike ProctorMike Proctor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like Sling, I love Linux. Please let me love Sling too! Most people who are interested in technology such as Sling are likely to migrate to other improved technology, Linux being a perfect example.

• NaeemNaeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I double that. With Presto Linux you can have slingbox PC utilization with a fast on (10 sec) and fast off (5 sec) linux setup that rivals that of a projection TV system in terms of boot times.

Feedback and Knowledge Base