Give us your feedback...

Symbian S60 5th Edition support (Nokia 5800).

Please add touch support for the SlingPlayer Mobile S60 version for current and upcoming mobile phones such as the Nokia 5800 and N97.

750 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    reddragon27284reddragon27284 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jatinjatin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Nokia 5800 ExpressMusic while downloading application from web page.Every file of application display file formet not supported

• reddragon27284reddragon27284 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, i posted this over a year ago, since then I now have another Symbian phone, the N8. STILL NO SUPPORT FOR TOUCH SCREEN SYMBIAN PHONES!. Come on Sling, WAKE UP!

• anonymousanonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just counted (June 8th,2010) ALL TOGETHER 1111 suggestions for Symbian 5th edition incl. Nokia 5800, N97 i.e. really THE MOST WANTED FEATURE !
        -> is customer's voice heard?

• Thewiz80Thewiz80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sling people add support for Symbian S60 version 5. It is crazy that i have to use my old N91 to watch TV while my new nokia 5800 is useless..

• jahman hahahajahman hahaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ps, To drum up support for this common cause is to post to other forums about voting here and grab more people to vote here to move this issue along. cheers. Jahman

• jahman hahahajahman hahaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, don't leave us users out to dry, and support this new OS. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. And one more thing, to the guys that have voted and commented here keep up the support and Sling Media will surely not let us down. Sincerely, Jahman

• Ash MosahebAsh Mosaheb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one app that I am really waiting for my N97. I had it on my N95, so I would expect it on any new platform... Come on Sling!

• JonJon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just switched my N95 to N97 and I am shocked to find my slingplayer won't work on the N97. Come on Sling, surely you can keep up with technology better than this?

• Oscar NievesOscar Nieves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought the Slingbox thinking about when I get the Nokia 5800 I'll use it to watch tv since Sling Media is compatible with Symbian, I upgraded my Internet bandwith at home to be ready. I got a really big dissapointment when I see that the Sling Media does not work in my phone. I think Sling should not say that Sling Media is compatible with Symbian S60 if it will not support new phones with the new version of Symbian S60v5. I hope you Sling people get a fix for this... my phone have gotten very popular.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was so excited to get my N97 just to find out that slingplayer don't work. Come on sling, first the crippled iPhone app and now this!!

• luckyashmanluckyashman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that iphone 3G slingplayer is out the next logical thing would be to create slingplayer for S60 5th edition with same touch controls.

Feedback and Knowledge Base