I suggest you ...

Google's Android

This would be great for the new Google phone, Android (T-Mobile G1). Can you support the open source Linux platform? This phone will really give the IPHONE competition

6,490 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MonSour shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • tripzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i too left windows mobile and am missing my slingbox. please please please. I will gladly pay for any app thats lets me get slingbox on my 3G Android G1 . did I say Please . PLEASE

• MendyUSA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Roll this app out FAST the Vikes play today and I'll be missing it. Bummer!
        Dito "enjoioc" you said it all.

• magnav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used my slingbox with my dash and it worked great. But since upgrading to the G1 I've had to go with out. Please develop an app for the G1. Noggin is the only thing that keeps my fiesty two year old entertained at restaurants.

• kam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have yet to use a sling-box, but i definitely would if i could use it with my new g1. i don;t see any reason why you guys wouldn't support it already. get on it. you'd get my sale.

• Druide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sling and Android should go hand in hand ...... Bothy Linux based platform ..... Yeah ! ... go for it .... be avant-garde

• scott8357 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sling vs Hava...I will buy whichever comes to the market first with client for android!!!

• kbsharkfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have a g 1 and a wing but i love sling box so much that i will not use my g1 until my slingbox works with it. They neeed to create the software asap before the i phone gets smart.

• enjoioc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it'd be smart to support the Android platform before the Iphone because developers have less restrictions and more importantly - they get 70% profit while tmo get's 30% and Google takes nothing. That is truly open and makes more money for Sling Media. Android is the future... iPhone just laid out the pathway.

• Jpguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree I would rather have the G1 than an Iphone and Sling compatibility would be the one thing that helps me purchase one.

• joschell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to clarify that the SlingPlayer needs to come to the Android platform, not Sling.com. Sling.com would be nice, SlingPlayer for Android is a MUST!

• ymitchel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved from a Windows Mobile phone to the G1 Andriod platform and I'll bet there are a lot out there who are doing the same. We had Sling Player on Windows Mobile give it to us on Android hurry plzzzzzzzz

• joschell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Google Android platform needs to have killer apps to compete with the walled garden iPhone. Slingplayer mobile on the G1's large touch screen would be far more enjoyable to watch than the Palm or Blackberry phones.

• hyperocky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As more mobile carriers adopt Android, it seems like a good idea to start working on a client side based app or have sling.com compatible with their browser. Especially since it is open and doesn't require approval, ala Apple's app store.

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base