I suggest you ...

Google's Android

This would be great for the new Google phone, Android (T-Mobile G1). Can you support the open source Linux platform? This phone will really give the IPHONE competition

6,490 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MonSour shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if sling isn't even going to acknowledge our requests, everyone should check our orb. it"s free and does pretty much the same thing. as of now i"ve given up on waiting for the sling. and this works even better anyhow. here"s the link: http://www.orb.com/en/how_it_works

• scott8357 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon sling even over a month since the unofficial leak of sling on android and not even a nod on the sling sponsored forum @ least give us a were on it ...or... go fly a kite... either way

• Druide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

23 days ago I made a post challenging SlingMedia to produce an interface for the ANROID platform which, to this day, is still unanswered.

I have given-up on SlingMedia. So, I have 4 Sling boxes for sale.

OK, Sling People,

Prove me wrong !

Make the app for ANDROID

Show me that you are not a joke !

• MendyUSA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously you guys seem to be just going through the motions. Save yourselves some time and money and just get rid of the forum. You obviously don't take it seriously. In the relatively long time the forum has been around you have NO, NADA, accepted ideas..... Really! Give it up this isn't helpful to anyone. Read enjoioc's post it makes sense. Mean while I won't hold my breath.

• joschell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sling, it looks really bad that you haven't bothered to comment on this idea.

• dmbadie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't have a slingbox yet but putting an app on my G1 would have me right out to the store to get one

This really bugs me !

I wrote a nice letter to Sling Corporate requesting an answer as for why all the votes for ANDROID are being ignored .....

And, Guess ..... they are ignoring me .... to this date !

• bostonrunner74 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love my G1 but would love it more if it was compatible with my slingbox. Please give us a sling box app!!

• KRZYKRONIXXX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make a slingplayer for Android or even just the G1, Android is one of the best open source platforms out there.. it shouldnt be that hard right??? im a huge phone freak.. all the previous phones' ive had were windows mobile.. and i could swear up and down, android is the best mobile operating system out there... ill gladly pay to buy the program for android/G1

• luismicro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I come from an att tilt and had slingplayer in it but purchased a G1 because the OS is so much more responsive than WM. Slingplayer in G1 would totally rock since the screen resolution is better also than the tilt.

• AAskiAA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't be a bone head, G1 then the I-Phone. Sling would be competing with every other I-Phone app thats out there. On the G1, it would be a staple. This should be a no-brainier. It would get more Youtube hits than the Obama girl. Come on marketing, someone speak up at your Monday meeting!

• ymitchel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With so many votes and a number 1 ranking why isn't this at least under review? Can someone from Sling shed a little light on how this process works? My Slingbox is gathering dust :( Thx

• saint_david commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Android has a large fresh community of googlers looking for a hero for their device right now. Step up to the plate Sling!!!

• cusicrollerball commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just bought this product thinking that it worked on Android, now it is probably going back to the store

Feedback and Knowledge Base