I suggest you ...

Google's Android

This would be great for the new Google phone, Android (T-Mobile G1). Can you support the open source Linux platform? This phone will really give the IPHONE competition

6,490 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MonSourMonSour shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GinvalGinval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slingbox needs to make an app for the Android OS. This new platform is exploding and people want to move with the times. I'm not asking for the app to be free, I'll gladly pay for it. Your throwing away money by not developing it. Your majority of possible new slingers (customers) are not going to be restricted to buying a certain outdated inadequate phone in order to watch a slingbox, but they will buy a Slingbox to watch on their phone. People love their phones and regularly replace them for the latest and greatest. If Slingbox doesnt keep up they'll find themselves replaced by a company that does. Come on Sling keep up with technology (the new Android OS) and have the common courtesy to post something in order to acknowledge your customers.

• pacopaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree with everyone here. Slingbox is an awesome product, especially when utilized via a Cell Phone....the new DROID IS AWESOME! IT IS PERFECT FOR SLINGBOX!
        i will definitely pay for the Android app (although not sure i would "re-buy" the entire slingbox?)

c'mon -- get working!

• kevin.canfieldkevin.canfield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? Does someone have to make their own app for this? any Android developers out there listening? Sling doesn't seem to care about a large chunk of their customer base anyway.

• driedldriedl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over a year and no response from Sling? I'm about to get the Droid and I can't believe I have to give up slinging on the bus to and from work. At least a "we're working on it" would make me feel a lot better about all the money I've spent on Sling hardware and software. Anyone out there?

• B_BODY_1B_BODY_1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All they have to do is tell us one of the below answers
        they don't have the right tech to make it happen yet
        its going to be X amount of time before it comes out
        any answer is better than none right?

• pure241pure241 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want SlingPlayer on my MyTouch. My Slingbox has been gathering dust since I left Windows Mobile. Almost every major US carrier will have multiple Android devices by end of year. Please stop lagging.

• MonSourMonSour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well since you didn't like my suggestion to make slingbox for Android, what about for Linux OS?

• Mr. StratMr. Strat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to set up my Slingbox when I get home from work tonight. I'd definitely go for an Android G1 client.

• Apexs2Apexs2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Sling there has to be a way to get you fine product working for a G1

there are so many users in the android community that would be more then willing to pay for a app as great as you would make it

• love69walruslove69walrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

such a golder opportunity for Sling to join the Android revolution. To throw away such an opportunity would be a crime....come on Sling, pull your finger out-pleeeeeeeaaaaaase!

• jmellarsjmellars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously? What the hell is going on here? This is the number one rated item, and they won't even acknowledge it? What's the point of setting up a sight like this if they refuse to even tell us why they won't do it. Way to look like uncaring jerks Sling. Orb's looking better and better every day.

• sketecsketec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've never heard of Sling until today, but Orb sounds promising, goodbye Sling.

Now that SlingPlayer is WIFI ONLY for the iphone Sling should really jump on creating SlingPlayer for Android. An open source developers platform. SlingPlayer on Android and 3G FTW!

• Tom LahtiTom Lahti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG, took me forever to figure out how to leave a comment. No wonder there aren't that many, I just about gave up. Whenever I logged in and went to leave a comment, it would tell me I needed to log in first! Frustrating.

Anyway, would really, really, really like to get SlingPlayer on my G1. Seriously, I think I'll die without it. There could be tears, at least.

As a follow up to my original post.

A lack of comments will show there ISN'T a market for Sling Player for Android right now.

I'm sure there will eventually be Sling Player for Android, lets show sling we want it sooner rather than later

• shaileshshailesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Sling! You can do it, you can make the software available for the G1 phone!!

For everyone out there who wants Slingbox for the G1 please follow these steps:

1. Register for user voice.
        2. Make sure you leave a comment.
        3. DEMAND that they not force android users to buy new Slingboxes like they're doing for the iPhone version of Slingplayer.
        4. Let's try to get 1000 comments by the start of fall.
        5. Back our comments with our credit cards once the app is released.

Let's do this!

• DruideDruide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sling Sucks when it comes to listening to People on G1 ANDROID !!!!

Prove me wrong Sling!... Prove me wrong !!!

• erikerik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

really looking forward to this on g1 as more android phones are being announced and the announcement of sling player being released for blackberry.

Feedback and Knowledge Base