I suggest you ...

Google's Android

This would be great for the new Google phone, Android (T-Mobile G1). Can you support the open source Linux platform? This phone will really give the IPHONE competition

6,493 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MonSourMonSour shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • GQ3GQ3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Paid for the iPhone app, :( now have a droid and need new app.

• DennisDennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am considering buying a sling, however I understand that my Droid does not support flash.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to have the PocketPC from Vz. It played my Sling box great, I could even use my bluetooth earpiece for the audio. Now I find out that my Droid won't work with the Sling box. I feel like I went backwards with the technology. I do understand the concerns with Flash player, in fact, Steve Jobs refuses to buy into Flash for any of Apple's products, he says Flash lacks the needed security for his products.
        What other choices are there that do what the Sling box does and will work with the Droid? Does anyone know???

• Mykel-seanMykel-sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe that sling does not support android. I wanted to buy this new android phone for the sling box. when will this happen!

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There NEEDS to be a Sling Player app for Droid, I cannot stress this enough.

• JManJMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No support for Droid, well then Goodbye SlingPlayer, HELLLLOOOOO Monsoon Volcano! Hard to believe a company so ahead of it's time with the SlingPlayer can be so slow to react to new technology, it will be the end of them

• dreknduomdreknduom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why is this taking so long? This has got to be the fastest growing operating system on the cell phone market

• Jesus FernandezJesus Fernandez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hava is going to introduce "Volcano" pretty soon, and it does everything that slingbox does, and then some. I may have to get one of those.

• LouisLouis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, Sling needs to get with the program. I think enough of it's users, as voiced here, want it. If Sling igores it's customers base.... guess what.... THEY GO ELSEWHERE! And they discourage potential customers from getting Sling. Like me!

• Eric FinicalEric Finical commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a most used app on my droid. Please support android. I am surprised this is not available.

• dreknduomdreknduom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing that is bumming me out about this droid is the lack of slingbox compatibility. I have to have this. Must be done and quickly

• Lew KbrewLew Kbrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved watching my SlingPlayer on a Blackjack with Windows Mobile. Now that I have the Droid, I'm really bummed out about not being able to use my Slingbox.

• vrichter001vrichter001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slingbox would probably have record sales 2 years straight if they could get it to ever work on android!!! I've been waiting to buy one once it works on my phone!! Have no use for a slingbox unless it works with my Motorola Droid. Will purchase one the day it starts working!!! Another company needs to invent something similar because slingmedia is obviously not listening to its customers!!!!!!!!!!! BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• driedldriedl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe how bad Sling crapped the bed at CES this year. A standalone Sling remote control instead of supporting Android, an OS people are clamoring to Sling to? Sling has completely lost focus and I'm ebaying my Slingbox if there isn't an Android announcement soon.

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss having Slingbox on my Windows Mobile device now that I own a DROID. Please bring on Slingbox support!!!

• TechguyTechguy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have 3 sligbox's I would hate to have to replace them but does anyone know of a good alternative to sling which runs on the droid??

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base